The first step is to fill out the form to Open a Storefront
Second comes the Item file editor. It starts you out with two example products, DEMO01 & DEMO02.
You can use this page to add, change, and delete products. To add a product, simply click the Add New Item button and enter information for the product in the spaces that appear. To edit an existing product, click on the product code (listed on the left side of the screen) and edit the information that appears. To delete products, select the products to delete using the check boxes to their left and click the Delete Checked Items button.
This is what the product editor looks like.
Here are some examples to help you get started:
- Code: For example "SHIRT01" or "1234"
- Price: For example "4" or "4.95" no need for a "$"
- Name: For example "Western shirt"
- Description: For example "This comfortable western shirt comes in blue and red"
- Category: For example "Apparel"
- Thumbnail URL: For example "http://www.url.com/shirt01.jpg"
- Product Page URL: For example "http://www.url.com/shirts.html"
- UPS Weight: For example if items is 1 lb put 1 if 1/5 lb put .5
- Tax Field: For example if some items are taxable and others are not, put 1 if item is taxable
If you have a product that comes in different sizes, styles, colors, etc, you will need to create
seperate products for each combination. First create the original product, in this case "SHIRT01".
This is what will show up during a search. Then create each combination for the product.
In order to keep every product variable from showing up during a product search, use "~INV" which stands for
invisible at the end of your product name as shown above. Do not use ~INV on the original
"SHIRT01" or it will not show up during a search.
Find out about adding Instant Purchase Buttons with Options in
If you have many products, the most efficient way to create an item file (product list) is to use a
spreadsheet format, or any rtf text format or ascii text, tab delineated. You can upload your item
file within your Merchant Administration Page or you can send us your item file and we will take care of it for you.
Third: Configuring Your Store.
- Merchant Information: This is where you keep your account information updated.
Company name, address, "Make Payments Payable To:" etc..
- Formatting Options: This is where you will configure the look and feel of your NetStores "StoreFront".
At the bottom of this form is a link to upload images into your Storefront directory.
It looks like this:
- Miscellaneous Charges: This is where your enter your Shipping & Handling information,
also Tax If your product is taxable in some states.
- Payment Options:
To select the payment options you want your customers to have:
- American Express
- Discover Card
- Terms: (example: Check / Money Order
- COD: (Collect on Delivery)
- Quote: (Sends the user a Quote without charging them.)
- Images: You can use this page to upload, view, and delete images from your store.
- Search Fields:Use the spaces provided to enter names for the fields in your
database. These are the names that your customers will see on the search
and shopping cart pages. The "Special Field" column is used to tell NetStores which fields in your
product database to treat as a field containing the price, image URL, product page URL, or the weight of the product.